I remember making peppermint creams when I was a kid. I hadn’t made them for years though, when Channel Mum asked me to make a batch and a vlog about how to do it. I can’t believe how easy and simple they are to make, and really good fun too. You could definitely make these with young kids. I just didn’t as I can’t concentrate on making a video and cooking at the same time when kids are involved! It’s a bit sticky and messy, but as long as you use plenty of icing sugar when you’re rolling out, you’ll be fine.
These would make a sweet little present for grandparents or teachers. I bought the little bags from Hobbycraft, but little brown paper bags would be nice too.
Makes: 25-30 depending on size
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 225g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- Few drops of peppermint extract
- To decorate:
- 75-100g dark chocolate
- Sieve icing sugar into a bowl.
- Beat egg white until a little bit fluffy but not stiff.
- Add peppermint to egg whites.
- Mix to make a dough.
- Add more icing sugar if required, and roll out.
- Cut out shapes. Chill for at least 15 minutes
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over. Dot with silver balls if using.
- Chill again. Pop into bags if giving as gifts.
Check out all the Channel Mum videos on their Vlogmas playlist!