Two consecutive fish posts! I know, what is going on? Normally I don’t have enough fish on here! But I’m thinking we are all ready for some fish, right? It’s that time of year when most people are kind of, almost, maybe, possibly ready start to eat a bit healthier. (That said, we’ve been out for steak and chips then sticky toffee pudding for lunch today with friends. But it is Chrimbo Limbo after all, a time when we are not quite ready to commit to the new healthier version of ourselves.) However, if you are ready to make that leap, after days of chomping your own body weight in stilton and Quality Street, then this may be a nice little family dinner for you…
It’s healthy, zingy, fresh – all things I crave post Christmas. It’s also incredibly easy and so quick too. This is actually another netmums recipe – I have been providing some photos for their most popular recipes. My whole family loved it, we ate ours with perfectly plain rice on the side.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
4 tuna steaks
3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon of Tandoori paste (or other similar paste, like Balti)
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
For the salad:
4 tomatoes, diced
2 carrots, grated
½ cucumber, cut unto half moons
1 tin of green lentils, drained and rinsed
Juice of ½ lime
Handful fresh coriander, leaves left whole
Henful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
For perfect plain rice:
365ml cold water
200g white basmati rice
- For the rice: rinse it using a sieve, and measure out the cold water. Add the rinsed rice and water to a saucepan. Cover and bring to boil. Once boiling let it cook on medium for exactly 7 minutes and turn off heat. Leave for a couple of minutes to steam and then fluff. Once cooking get the rest underway…
- Mix the yoghurt and spice paste with salt and pepper and marinade the tuna steaks in it for a few hours – or not, it doesn’t really matter if you don’t.
- Make the salad by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Fry the tuna steaks in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side for medium. 5 minutes on each side for well done.
- Serve tuna on top of the salad and rice alongside.